Eggplant-Meat and Rice(Banjaan Challow)
Here is what you need for this delicious recipe:
- vegetable oil
- Boneless veal meat
- Chili (optional)
- Tomato sauce
And for the species you need:
- Turmeric powder
- Coriander powder
For this dish, it is better to use a pressure cooker. You can, of course, cook in an open pot but it might take a bit longer for the meat to cook. First add a bit of vegetable oil in the cooker. Then, add diced onions and fry it until you get a golden color. Add meat and fry it for at least 5 minutes. Add turmeric powder and fry some more. Add 2 cups of water and Coriander Powder
Cook for 20 minutes. Open the pressure cooker and add eggplants, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, chili, tomato sauce, and salt. Mix well and cook for another 10 minutes.
- 1 kg boneless veal meat
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggplants, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. coriander powder
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1. Add Vegetable oil in a pressure cooker
- 2. Add diced onion and fry it until you get a golden color
- 3. Add meat and fry it for at least 5 minutes
- 4. Add turmeric powder and fry some more
- 5. Add 2 cups of water
- 6. Add Coriander Powder
- 7. Cook for 20 minutes
- 8. Add eggplants, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, chili, tomato sauce, and salt
- 9. Mix well
- 10. Cook for another 10 minutes
Here is one of the most cooked meals. Rice is cooked on a daily basis in Afghan households with different types of curries.
Here is what you will need:
- Rice (Basmati)
- Vegetable oil
And for the Species you will need:
- Black pepper
First make sure to rinse the rice. Leave it aside for few hours before cooking. The taste of it will be much better if it is rinsed and soaked in advance. Boil water in a pasta pot with strainer or use a regular pot and drain the water after boiling using a strainer. Once the water is boiled, add the rice and boil for few minutes or until the rice is soft and long. Drain the water from the rice.
Heat a Pan on High heat and add vegetable oil, boiled rice, salt dissolved in warm water and the spices.
Mix well and make holes with the back of spatula. Cover the lid with a kitchen towel and place it on the pot. Cook on low heat for at least 25 to 30 minutes.
- 3 Cups rice
- ½ Cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsps. Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsps. Black Pepper (Finely Ground)
- 1 tsp Cardamom (Finely Ground)
- 1. Rinse rice
- 2. Boil water
- 3. Boil rice for 5 minutes
- 4. Drain water from rice
- 5. Heat a Pan on High heat and add vegetable oil, boiled rice, salt dissolved in warm water and the spices.
- 6. Mix well
- 7. make holes with the back of spatula.
- 8. Cover the lid with a kitchen towel and place it on the pot.
- 9. Cook on low heat for at least 25 to 30 minutes.
Use any plain yogurt and decorate it with a pinch of dry mint.
Add tomatoes, onions, coriander and squeeze a lemon or lime in it.