White Rice -Challow
Here is one of the most cooked meals. Rice is cooked on a daily basis in Afghan households with different types of curries.
Here is what you will need:
- Rice (Basmati)
- Vegetable oil
And for the Species you will need:
- Black pepper
First make sure to rinse the rice. Leave it aside for few hours before cooking. The taste of it will be much better if it is rinsed and soaked in advance. Boil water in a pasta pot with strainer or use a regular pot then drain the water after boiling, using a strainer. Once the water is boiled, add the rice and boil for few minutes or until the rice is soft and long. Drain the water from the rice.
Heat a Pan on High heat and add vegetable oil, boiled rice, salt dissolved in warm water and the spices.
Mix well and make holes with the back of spatula. Cover the lid with a kitchen towel and place it on the pot. Cook on low heat for at least 25 to 30 minutes.
- 3 Cups rice
- ½ Cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsps. Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsps. Black Pepper (Finely Ground)
- 1 tsp Cardamom (Finely Ground)
- 1. Rinse rice
- 2. Boil water
- 3. Boil rice for 5 minutes
- 4. Drain water from rice
- 5. Heat a Pan on High heat and add vegetable oil, boiled rice, salt dissolved in warm water and the spices.
- 6. Mix well
- 7. make holes with the back of spatula.
- 8. Cover the lid with a kitchen towel and place it on the pot.
- 9. Cook on low heat for at least 25 to 30 minutes.